Ronald J. Surz
President & CEO, PPCA, Inc.
President, Target Date Solutions
78 Marbella, San Clemente, CA 92673
Phone: (949) 488-8339
Ronald J. Surz is president of PPCA Inc. and its division, Target Date Solutions. He is a pension consulting veteran, having started with A.G. Becker in the 1970's. Ron earned an MBA in Finance at the University of Chicago and an MS in Applied Mathematics at the University of Illinois, and holds a CIMA (Certified Investment Management Analyst) designation.
He has published regularly in such publications as The Journal of Wealth Management, The Journal of Investing, Journal of Portfolio Management, Pensions & Investments, Senior Consultant, HorsesMouth and the IMCA Monitor, as well as contributed to and edited several books. Ron's most recently co-edited book is Hedge Funds: Definitive Strategies and Techniques (Wiley Finance). Ron has served as a member of the following boards and councils:
- Investor/Consultant Subcommittee of the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) Executive Committee, established by the CFA Institute
- Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA) Board of Directors
- IMCA Monitor (newsletter) Editorial Board
- IMCA Standards of Practice Board Chair
- Cainsoft Advisory Board
- FinanceWare.com Advisory Board
- Association for Investment Management & Research (AIMR) After-Tax Subcommittee
- Risk-Controlled Growth (RCG) fund-of-hedge-funds Investment Committee
- Sortino Investment Advisors Advisory Board
- Capital Market Consultants Advisory Board
- President of the Southern California Chapter of IMCA
- Rockwater Hedge LLC Advisory Board
For additional information about Ron, see his profile on LinkedIn. You may also follow Ron on Howling Wolf, an organization dedicated to financial and investment literacy.